Biognosys and Bruker Form Partnership for Advanced Proteomics CRO Services for Global Biopharma and Biomarker Customers
BILLERICA, Massachusetts and SCHLIEREN, Switzerland – January 4, 2023 –
- New strategic partnership aims to broaden access to Biognosys’ leading CRO services and Spectronaut® software tools for unbiased proteomics and epiproteomics
- Expected to benefit proteomics research, disease biomarker discovery, drug discovery and development, and clinical trials leveraging pharmacoproteomics
- With Bruker investments, Biognosys plans to open advanced US proteomics CRO facility for proteomics biomarker and drug discovery and development, and pharmacoproteomics clinical trial support
Bruker Corporation (Nasdaq: BRKR) and Switzerland-based Biognosys AG today announced a strategic partnership, in which Bruker has made a majority-ownership investment in Biognosys. Financial details were not disclosed. J.P.Morgan acted as exclusive financial advisor to Biognosys. Several of Biognosys’ earlier investors have sold their shares to Bruker in a secondary transaction, and Bruker will make new primary investments in Biognosys.
Co-Founder and CEO Dr. Oliver Rinner and his leadership team will continue to manage Biognosys as a world-leading proteomics and proteogenomics CRO services and proteomics software company. Going forward, Biognosys’ biomarker and biopharma customers will benefit from additional services and footprint in the US. Biognosys will access Bruker’s leading 4D proteomics timsTOF technology for deeper, unbiased high-precision proteomics that is not impaired by epitope cross-reactivity - all with higher throughput and excellent reproducibility.
Biognosys mass spectrometry-based proteomics solutions help CRO services and proteomics software customers in uncovering connections between genome, transcriptome, and phenotype to explore the static and dynamic nature of disease biology. In particular, the Biognosys TrueTarget™, TrueDiscovery™, and TrueSignature™ research service solutions provide deep, peptide-level proteome insights for drug discovery and development:
- TrueTarget™ uniquely addresses pressing challenges in drug discovery by identifying on- and off-target effects, and characterizing binding sites.
- TrueDiscovery™, powered by Spectronaut® proteomics software, offers unbiased, multi-dimensional insights into the expression, function, and structure of up to 4,200 proteins in plasma, up to 11,000 proteins in other biofluids, and up to 13,800 proteins in tissue or cell lines.
- TrueSignature™ high-precision, customizable, multiplex panels enable simultaneous absolute quantification of proteins for pharmacodynamic readouts and clinical biomarker monitoring, in support of pharmacoproteomics-enhanced clinical trials.