BD to Showcase its Commitment to Drug Delivery and Packaging Innovation at CPhI 2023 Conference
18 October 2023 -- New Jersey, US -- BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), a leading global medical technology company, is excited to showcase at CPhI Barcelona 2023 – building on its decades of expertise in partnering with the biopharmaceutical industry to advance drug delivery excellence. CPhI will be held in Barcelona, Spain from October 24 to October 26, 2023. The conference will focus on the latest pharmaceutical packaging innovations and drug delivery devices. At the booth, BD will share our wide portfolio of products, services and integrated solutions to help meet the needs of pharma and biotech companies developing combination products. BD experts will be on site to discuss a variety of topics related to the next generation of drug delivery.
• For vaccination needs, we have a wide portfolio of prefillable syringes (PFS) including BD Effivax Glass Prefillable Syringe – a next-generation glass prefillable syringe that has been designed in collaboration with leading pharmaceutical companies to meet the complex and evolving needs of vaccine manufacturing. BD Effivax Glass Prefillable Syringe sets a new standard in performance for vaccine PFS with new and tightened specifications for processability, cosmetics, and integrity.
• BD is working to support the delivery of medications that address chronic disease outcomes in areas such as diabetes, obesity, oncology and autoimmune disorders, and also to meet the need for technologies that enable care to be delivered in new settings. Our advanced drug delivery systems portfolio offers self-injection systems that support the subcutaneous delivery of drugs across a broad range of volume and viscosity needs, including BD Libertas Wearable injector* – designed for the subcutaneous delivery of large volume, high viscosity biologics in a single-use, disposable “ready to use” system for patient administration with no assembly required and BD Evolve On-body Injector* – a programmable, variable dose on-body injector. It offers pharmaceutical companies a wearable solution that enables new delivery formats in alternate settings and is designed to enable subcutaneous administration of up to 3 mL of medication, with up to three days of wear.
• We also help our customers who want to co-pack or co-deliver administration devices with their drugs. Typically, they do so to support proper administration, or as a service to the end user, or to control the drug administration material - eg, in clinical trials. We provide reconstitution, injection and infusion devices. Our devices may for example be used for complex administration routes (such as ophthalmic drug reconstitution), as well as for cell and gene therapies (C>), home use of chronic drugs, and vaccination campaigns.
• A complete range of services will be showcased across BD Pharmaceutical Services and Solutions and ZebraSci Inc combination product services to help pharma achieve their goals from development to launch.
• Lastly, we look forward to convening attendees at an Innovation Corner featuring exciting new product innovations and concepts that focus on providing product traceability to support quality and operations excellence, digital connectivity of injection data and a flexible large volume solution platform designed to support patients’ medication delivery needs.
About BD BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers. BD and its 77,000 employees have a passion and commitment to help enhance the safety and efficiency of clinicians' care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to accurately detect disease and advance researchers' capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organisations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
Innovations in Pharmaceutical Technology (IPT)
IPT provides a platform for cutting-edge ideas, concepts, and developments shaping the future of pharmaceutical R&D.